Crocus kotschyanus C. KOCH
subsp. hakkariensis MATHEW
C. kotschyanus C. Koch in Ind. Sem. Hort. BeroL 1853:17(1853).
Corm vertical or lying on its side; tunic very thinly membranous with fibres parallel at base, anastomosing at apex. Leaves 4-6, hysteranthous, 1.5-4 mm broad. Prophyll present. Bracteoie present, smaller than and completely included within bract. Throat of perianth whitish or yellowish, glabrous or pubescent; segments 1.6-4.3(-5) x 0.5-1.8 crn, rounded, obtuse, subacute or bluntly acuminate, lilac-blue or creamy-white inside, each with two yellow basal spots, often with darker purple parallel veins. Filaments 3-8.5 mm, white or pale yellow, glabrous or papillose at base; anthers (O.7-)O.9-2 cm, white, cream or pale yellow. Style divided into 3-several slender yellow-branches. 2n = 8, 10, 20. Fl. (8-J9-Î0. Short turf, open stony places, sparse scrub, 1100-3100 m.
1. Flowers white or rarely pale lilac, throat glabrous; corm lying on its side subsp. sirworowianus
1. Flowers lilac, throat glabrous or pubescent; corm on its side or upright
2. Corm upright subsp. kotschyanus
2. Corm iying on its side
3. Throat glabrous; perianth segments obovate or oblanceolate subsp. cappadocicus
3. Throat clearly pubescent; perianth segments ohtrailate subsp. hakkariensis
subsp. hakkariensis Mathew in Notes R.B.G. Edinb. 38:393 (1980). Map 63. 2n=10.
Type: Turkey C10 Hakkari: Yüksekova to Şemdinli, 15km from Yüksekova, 1100 m, 27 ix 1974, T. Baytop (İSTE 31140) (nolo. K! iso. E! ISTE!). S.E. Anatolia. C10 Hakkari: Mor Da., 3250 m, Watson et al 2982 (2n = 10)!
Endemic. Ir.-Tur. element.
Distribution of species: W. Syria, Caucasus.